I have been tagged by Emily over at DesignHer Momma to share a few of the quirky things about myself. Here it goes.....
1. I can't stand having change in my purse/wallet. As soon a I get it, I do one of three things with it. I a) place it in the cup holder of my car as a "parking meter stash." b) place it into the nearest gumball machine, especially if I am with Lance or c) put it in my change jar as soon as I get home.
2. I have a really hard time with people who are too lazy to return their carts to the proper place when they are finished wheeling them out to their cars at Meijer and stores like that. I find that those people are usually the first people to complain and cause a scene when their car ends up with a big dent in it. People it is a lot easier to walk a few extra steps...yes even in the rain...to return the cart to the "cart catchers" located in parking lots.
3. I have to have Q-tips with me at all times..just in case of emergencies I guess. I believe that their is nothing worse than having wet ears and no Q-tips to dry them out.
4. I will not drink a glass of water from the sink unless it has ice cubes in it. I do however keep a bottle of water in the fridge and I will drink that when poured into a glass without ice...weird.
5. I read both the Holland Sentinel and the Petoskey News Review online everyday without fail. Gotta stay tuned to what is going on around me.
6. I can't make it through a day without at least one Diet Coke. I just got Lucky Magazine with my Coke Rewards.
There you have it a few quirky things about me. Erin over at New York Girl I want to know some quirky things about you now.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Last night I let Lance test out his new smoke machine in my apartment. The thing turned out to be pretty cool and instantly turned my house into a dance club. It was pretty funny I must say!This is a picture of Betsy and Lance....can you see them through all of that "smog"?
Friday, June 20, 2008
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Today while I was in Indian River I stopped by Steve and Sue's house. It was really nice to finally get the chance to see them. I just love it up here and I hope to see them more once I get into the swing of things at the hospital. Anyway, their yard was looking pretty healthy and green. Check out the size of this rhubarb!!!! Looks like something out of Jurassic Park.The stalks on these things were like baseball bats. I am sure Emily would appreciate making a pie out of them.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Today is the day to brag and boast about how great your dad is compared to all of the other dads out there. Dad I just want you to know that I think you are the best!!! You have been such a huge support for me and I love you so much! I hope you have a great day, knowing that you have 4 daughters that think you are the greatest!!! So here it goes, time to brag about my dad.......Yeah well my dad lived in Hawaii and learned how to surf...how many dads do that anyway...umm only the coolest ones.
Yeah well my dad has a 20 foot (i really don't know how long Tonto is but I know he is long) pleasure boat. My dad also catches giant fish in Lake Michigan.
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
After 5 years of nursing school and wanting an Oberon mini keg, I finally splurged on myself and bought one last night. Liz, Betsy, Lance and I went out to celebrate me passing my boards...we had a lot of fun! I even got to spin the wheel at the bar and won a $50 coupon to a sweet salon here in Petoskey. Maybe I will get a haircut or something!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
I found out that I PASSED my state boards today. You have no idea how relieved I am. Now I am a real nurse...wow how weird! My new scrubs came in the mail about an hour after I found so out that was cool. Here is a picture of one of my new pairs. Thanks for ordering them for me Jayme. Now I am off to go drink a beer!!!!!!!! Also, Happy 82nd Birthday Grandma De Jonge!!!!
Monday, June 02, 2008
Today was my first day at my new job. I made it through (8 hours of computer instruction) with an extremely sore back. Besides my back crapping out on me at possibly the worst time ever (besides the time it decided to go out while I was diving in the water at the biggest college swim meet I would ever swim in), I think I am going to like working at the hospital here. I was very impressed with what they had to say at orientation (way better than my last job...no offense to homeless bums in pontiac). But yeah I have more classroom instruction tomorrow and will be done with that on Friday. Then it is back to Holland this weekend so I can take the NCLEX on Monday. Ugh.... when the next week is over I think I am going to buy myself a treat or something..provided I pass the test. Anyway, thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers!! Betsy bought me flowers for my first day of work....she also cooked me beef stroganhof for dinner...simply the best!!!!!!
Sunday, June 01, 2008
For those of you who do not know....I hurt my back again and have been laying horizontally on the couch for the past two days. I am supposed to start my new job tomorrow so I am praying that one more nights rest will allow me to at least fake like I am not in pain. This week I have orientation which requires five 8 hour days of classroom work (learning the computer system and such) so pray that I am able to fight my way through it. I just got out of the shower and look like a question mark so I am off to lay flat for a while. Thanks everybody....I miss you guys!!!