Thursday, June 19, 2008

Today while I was in Indian River I stopped by Steve and Sue's house. It was really nice to finally get the chance to see them. I just love it up here and I hope to see them more once I get into the swing of things at the hospital. Anyway, their yard was looking pretty healthy and green. Check out the size of this rhubarb!!!! Looks like something out of Jurassic Park.The stalks on these things were like baseball bats. I am sure Emily would appreciate making a pie out of them.
Check out the leaves.....HUGE!!
Lance and I ended up leaving with 4 or 5 stalks....like 10 lbs of rhubarb. Stay tuned for pictures of my pie...................................

2 comments:

Jayme said...

dang! that is some big rhubarb!! i remember eating that stuff raw when mr. berghorst use to grow it!

Unknown said...

WOW! He must really have a green thumb!